Yum… bread. And cheese. My two favorite things smooshed together. This french bread pizza is the absolute easiest thing. I made it over the summer when I realized I had a pack of pizza sauce, but wasn’t really feeling like normal pizza. Kyle and I loved it (I judge how much Kyle likes something by how much he eats – he ate almost a whole half). I have a Halloween potluck coming up and I’m debating between bringing something like this or cupcakes…
“French Bread Pizza”
- 1 loaf of french bread
- pizza sauce (use your best judgement on the amount based on how much sauce you like and how big your loaf is – I used a fist-sized packet)
- toppings of your choice (we used pineapple and green peppers)
- bag of cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the bread length-wise with a bread knife. Be careful not to cut one side too thin! (like me)
- Cover with your toppings and as much cheese as you’d like.
- Pop in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove, cut (with scissors) into pieces and serve warm!
See? Couldn’t be easier or more delicious. I’m tempted to go to the store and make this tonight!
It looked good enough at that point for me to eat.
Crusty bread is the best
Besides continually cooking and eating, not much has been new in my world! My mom came for a visit the past weekend and we did a lot! I kept telling her that she was wearing me out since I’m like an old lady and usually just stay home. We did some painting of Halloween decorations, ran a 5k, cooked, visited my aunt, and did a wine tasting (amazing). Made me wish I was closer to home, but guess it’s just good that I didn’t go to grad school even farther away (California and Arizona were places on my list!).
getting ready for the 5k – they were walking and it was Halloween themed, so they didn’t stand out as much as you’d think!
We were free to roam about the vineyards, trying grapes off the vines – intriguing how many flavors there are from the same fruit!
Hope you all have a relaxing weekend and take the time to make some pizza!