I was so excited when I saw this cauliflower in my vegetable bin. I had bought it for Kyle and I to eat over the weekend, but had completely forgot about it! On Monday when I opened up the fridge, wondering what I was going to eat this week I found my beautiful, lovely cauliflower! Who knew vegetables would one day make me so excited?
I had tried a recipe like this before and didn’t love it. There was too much breading and sauce. However, after playing around with it, I think I’ve found the perfect combination. As someone who loves wings, but tries to eat healthy, this stuff is delicious!
I had an amazing weekend with Kyle and my Aunt Kathy. I wasn’t able to go home for Easter (always a difficult thing), but Kyle came to visit and we drove up to Indy to spend the day with my Aunt. We went to a delicious Indian restaurant and then spent the day at the zoo. It felt amazing to be outside and focusing on something besides academics and applications. I’m always a bit sad after a fun weekend and cooking is the perfect cure to blues.
“Buffalo Cauliflower Bites”
Adapted from: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp dried garlic and herbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat the pieces of cauliflower in the flour-water mixture and place on the cookie sheet. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Combine hot sauce and butter.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, take out of the oven and cover with hot sauce mixture. Bake for 5 more minutes. Enjoy with ranch or celery sticks!
Yum. Delicious. Eat now! I will definitely be making these again.
And with that, I’m going to bed. It’s 10 pm and I’m sleepy. I had a great day. I went to the Children’s Museum to explore their curation facilities. (My job is amazing!!) Before I go, a couple shots from the zoo: