I love cheese. I love bread. I love garlic. What could go wrong? Nothing. I’ve had my eye on this recipe for awhile, thanks to pinterest and I decided to make it one afternoon after my family visited. My mom is always so sweet and leaves me with tons of delicious food to eat each time she visits. When she and my Aunt Kathy stopped by and left a loaf of yummy looking bread, I decided to give this a try.
“Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread”
- 1 unsliced loaf sourdough (or other comparable) bread
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella – but use whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 diced green onion
- 3 tbsp (or more, if you prefer) minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise, without cutting through the bottom. This can be a bit difficult, but just do the best you can.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Using your fingers, push the shredded cheese down into your cut slots.
- Combine the melted butter, green onion, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the buttery mixture over the bread, trying to get the mixture into the cut marks if possible.
- Wrap the loaf in foil and place back on baking sheet.
- Bake for bread for 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake for 10 more minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Take out of oven, let cool slightly, and enjoy!