I just ate two of these. NO SHAME. I deserved them. Wanna’ know why? Because I just cleaned our disgusting fridge. If you would have seen the fridge before, you would have said I actually deserved 4 cookies. (Trust me, my ma’ has seen my fridge – she can vouch for me.) That being said, these cookies were ridiculously easy to make and I whipped them up one day after class when I wanted something sweet. Plus, these cookies remind me of childhood and for some reason my friend, Sam. (Did she eat a lot of Funfetti cake?!) More important question … do I eat a third?
“Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies”
Adapted from: http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/10/funfetti-cake-batter-cookies.html
Makes 18 cookies (or 17 if you’re like me and ate a lot of batter)
- 1 box extra moist yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the box of cake mix and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir, stir, stir!
- Mix in those 1/2 cup of beautiful sprinkles.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Eat those delicious cookies until your stomach hurts.
Mmm I love sprinkles. They’re so happy, aren’t they? My Aunt Kathy has never liked sprinkles which isn’t something I can understand. Oh well, more sprinkles for me.