I am out of control. And I have a stomach ache. But one of those stomach aches where you have no regrets because what you just ate was so. dang. amazing. I made these to bring into work and thank god I did, because these are deadly. So sugary and addicting, I am in paradise. (Have I mentioned these things are good?)
They are the perfect snack for grad school stress out eating. I know that I will absolutely be making these again for some family function and I will let everyone go into food comas with me. Because THAT is what family is for. Anywho, I present the most fantastic, chocolatey, cookie-dough-paradisey brownies.
“My Stomach Hurts Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies”
Makes 16 scrumptious brownies. Cook time: 25-35 minutes depending on ovens. Prep time: 25 minutes plus time for brownies to cool.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (mmm… butter)
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (look at these first 4 ingredients – yeah, this isn’t good for you!)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For cookie dough “frosting”
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- additional mini chocolate chips for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 pan with nonstick spray. And I mean spray it. These things are delicious, but sticky!
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, taking the time to stir in between heatings. Heat until you have melted the two together (it may be difficult to combine the two, but I promise it will work out in the end – just do the best you can).
- Stir in sugars. Then eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Might as well stir in that flour too!
- Put your mixture into the pan and bake for 25-35 minutes. Most ovens will probably take from 25-30 minutes, but mine is stubborn and took closer to 38 or so. Just keep checking it and you’ll know it’s done when you poke a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool. You may be incredibly impatient like me and speed up the cooling process by putting them in the fridge.
Cookie Dough Topping
- Combine the butter, sugars, and salt until nice and creamy.
- Mix in that milk and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the flour on top of the mixture and gently stir in. Add in the delicious chocolate chips.
- Now comes the fun part… scoop the cookie dough on top of the brownies and spread around! You can spray your fingers with non-stick spray to do so. However, if you don’t that just means the cookie dough will stick to your fingers (and then you just have to eat that excess cookie dough)!
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top of the brownies to make beautiful.
- You can either enjoy right away
Did I mention these things are amazing?! Whatever you do, don’t look up the nutrition information (trust me, you will regret it)! P.S. ~ the ladies at work have started to call me ‘the baking girl’ after I brought these in! Love it, love it, love it!